Mandatory Player, Parent and Coaches meeting:
Wednesday July 25th, 2018
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Auditorium Libertyville High School
Mandatory- Attendance – LBC Players, Parents and Coaches
Guest Invite: LHS Football, JCats, LYB Travel Baseball, Wildcat Youth Wrestling, and Lacrosse (Libertyville Warriors)
Re: Leadership, Sportsmanship and Communication Training
Presenter: Kevin Brylski- Kevin is a 20-year military veteran. He does speaking engagements and will be presenting on Leadership, Sportsmanship and Communication. We are excited to have Kevin kick off our season with a message that will help set a clear and positive expectation for our 2018 season. Our guests that we have invited are organizations that we partner with closely and that a lot of our LBC athletes participate in.
Topics to be covered:
1. Finding Motivation
2. Attributes of being a great teammate
3. Understanding Competition
1. Be engaged in every aspect of your athlete
2. Behaviors and their consequence
3. Kids don't want you to add pressure (the 70% rule)
4. Lighten up mom and dad (talk about yoga and adult coloring books on the sideline)
1. Definition of "coach"
2. Everything you say matters, EVERYTHING
3. Understanding the overall picture
4. Everyone has an off day, don't you?
5. 5 B's of coaching